When it comes to Functional Fitness you must have heard about full body workout, workout at home, Crossfit, home personal training etc.
If you are looking to achieve the overall fitness of the body and bored with the regular machine workouts this blog will help you make a difference with your workout schedule
Functional fitness is a training that prepares the body for real-life movements and activities. Also known as functional movement or functional training, “It trains your muscles to work aligned and prepares them for daily tasks by simulating common movements you might do at work, at sports, or in a home.”
It is not just lifting weights in an idealized posture using gym machines. E.g you could be deadlifting 200 Kg in the gym, but when you go to put a trolley bag in the trunk of your car, you throw your back out. Or another example, you can bicep curl with 25 Kg dumbbells with perfect form, but picking up your child makes you pull a muscle. If either of these things sounds like you are facing a problem with, it may be time to consider functional training into your workout routine.
Functional fitness is designed to prepare you for all aspects of your life, not just to lift heavy weights in the gym. If you can hit a 200 kg back squat, but you’re out of breath walking from your car to your front door, functional training may be the answer.
FUNCTIONAL FITNESS BENEFITS
Besides making you a more well-rounded person, functional fitness has a number of benefits you cannot think off. These include advantages for your health, athletic performance, everyday life. Let’s take a look at five of the major benefits:
- Improves everyday life: Improving the overall function of your body, increasing muscle endurance, strength and body stability, day to day activities can be performed with ease. “Compared to conventional training, the benefits of functional fitness tend to out-weigh everything else because it focuses on the movements we are doing in our routine.” In addition, it improves the overall quality of life due to the stress relief factor. This type of workout is usually more fun than others since you are eventually training for your everyday life.
- Greater muscle memory: By performing regular functional movement exercises you are not just building core strength and muscle, but actually exercising your brain too – effectively increasing your brain’s memory.
- Increased mobility: It helps you to improve agility, muscle strength, flexibility, coordination and balance. All of these elements will leave you more versatile, which in turn helps with your day-to-day life.
- Improves balance and posture: Since functional movement is all about training the body to make the muscles work aligned instead of targeted training, overall strength and balance will improve. Training the muscles to balance weight properly will also reduce stress on the body. Due to which, posture will be improved.
- Reduced risk of injury: By performing the movements done in everyday life, the body is more likely to be able to withstand stressors. Functional training helps in boosting muscle and ligament strength, which are the areas that are highly susceptible to injury.
While this list gives just a few benefits but it’s is easy to see that functional fitness can be highly beneficial to your well-being.
FUNCTIONAL FITNESS EXERCISES
Here is a list of 5 functional training exercises
- Slam Ball
- Battling Rope
- Powerbag clean and press
- Medicine ball chop lift
- Suspension Training Pull
Power Bag Clean and Press
Medicine Ball Chop Lift
Suspension Training Pull
The Final Verdict
Functional Fitness is a proven way to drop down the effects of age-related muscle atrophy and reducing your risk for injury. Try doing the exercises noted above to work the important stabilizer muscles in your core/deep abdominals, hips and shoulders.
By adding just 2-3 days of functional strength training a week, you should see improvements in your ability to perform your everyday activities and maybe even fat loss! That’s quite a good Return on Investment.
You’ll see improvements in strength, stamina, and your performance in everyday activities.
To get started with the best training & balance diet choices for your fitness or weight loss plan, sign up today and speak to our experts.
Call Now:- 9814699983
Max Fitness Best gym / Fitness club/ Fitness Center in Mohali